Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Betty's Beaderie Blog Begins!

Hmmm, that title has a bit of a ring to it, don't you think? But that is exactly what this is, it is a new beginning.

What's going on in my world? A good bit actually. This coming weekend I'll be leaving the Dallas area to stay with my son's family for about six weeks until he gets back from Iraq. We will all be so relieved to have him stateside. This is his third tour of duty in Iraq - we are all ready for the conflicts in the Middle East to be done and over!

Recently I found a tutorial for the cutest seahorse I've ever seen. It utilizes a spike technique. It took a bit of seriously chewed up wire until I was able to control the loop size. But the end result is just as precious as can be. The first one is in copper and in a larger gauge size than the author recommended, but he turned out beautiful.  Here he is posed with a gem tree.


This little guy measures about 3.5 inches from the top of his coronet to the tip of his tail. I will have him listed for sale in my Etsy shop: http://bettysbeaderie.etsy.com  (gem tree not included). Or if you are crafty and would like to purchase the tutorial, please visit www.jewelrylessons.com and visit the creator: Carmen Barrera.

Another bit of wirework I've been playing with is my collection, "Dew Drops on Leaves". The picture below shows just the bracelet. I've done this particular set in copper wire with clear glass fringe drops. I'm currently working on a revision of this bracelet in gold fill. It will be available on my website as soon as it's finished.


And now, I've got to get busy deciding which beads to take with me and which to leave home. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment